Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tribute by Rev.Dr.Selvaraj Rajiah - Paris ,France


IMPACT BEYOND THE GRAVE - THE LIFE AND MINISTRY OF PASTOR JOHN VASU


Rev.John Vasu was one of the pioneers of the Pentecostal movement in South India. He had a great impact on the Pentecostal movement. He also travelled to different parts of the world and ministered the word of God. His life and ministry continued to make a great impact even after his death.


In addition to his spiritual work , Pastor John Vasu was deeply involved in social and charitable activity , starting one of the first orphanages in India run by a pentecostal ministry. These orphan homes helped children from really poor and desperate background. He also served as the correspondent of the P.A.M School which was one of the oldest Pentecostal schools in India.


My father Pastor T.J.Rajiah and my grandfather Mr.Thambiah Joseph had served the Lord in MPA. My mother Mrs. Gnanasoundari Rajiah had worked as a teacher in the P.A.M school.


My youngest brother Israel Jebaraj married Pamela , the daughter of Pastor Prabhudoss Vasu. When I met Pastor Prabhudoss Vasu regarding the marriage proposal for my brother Israel with his daughter , he happily agreed to the proposal . Today Israel and Pamela and their children Joanna and Joshua are serving the Lord in India and around the world as leaders of Sharon Ministries.


I was a member of the MPA youth group and also served as a sunday school teacher in MPA. I went from MPA to overseas for my education and on my return I was ministering in MPA branch churches conducting revival meetings and crusades for nearly two years.


The Lord took me to Europe and I started a bible school and a church and mission work in Paris in 1989 . Today the church is one of the largest charismatic churches in France. I travel and minister in different countries and the students who studied in our bible schools are serving the Lord in various parts of the world and I would like to state that it all began in MPA.


I send my greetings on this occasion and I thank the Lord for all that has been accomplished through the MPA ministries for the past 75 years and all the lives that have been touched and impacted through this ministry.


I pray that the ministry would grow to greater heights than ever before to reach the unreached with the gospel of Jesus Christ and that the Lord would prosper the ministry more and more.


I pray for God to anoint Pastor Stanley Vasu and give him greater wisdom and grace to expand the borders of the ministry even more than his grandfather and his father

May God bless you all.




Rev.Dr.Selvaraj Rajiah

No comments:

Post a Comment