Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tribute by Rev.Dr.Manuel Fernando


Dear Pastor Stanley Vasu,


Loving Greetings in the Wonderful Name of Jesus! Let me first of all send my congratulations and join you in glorifying the Lord for the 75th Anniversary of MPA ministry ! May the Lord bless you and anoint your ministry more than ever and use you mightily for His glory and extension of His kingdom.


It is my great privilege and honour to write a few lines in loving memory of your grandfather Pastor John Vasu whose BIRTH CENTENARY you are celebrating on September 2, 2009.


I was one of those youngmen of his generation to be greatly blessed by the acquintance of Pastor John Vasu. It was in the year 1953 I was first introduced to him when I attended a worship service in his church. In the following few years I came to observe him and his ministry to the Body of Christ.


He always impressed me so very deeply as a spiritual giant with great leadership qualities. As a President of the All India Pentecostal Fellowship of Madras, he contributed to the unity and fellowship of several churches. It was my privelege to be one of his interpreters in the Fellowship public gatherings in the city and was very much blessed by his messages from God's Word.


He was a great encourgement to me when I was preparing to enter into the fulltime ministry and gave me practical advice which were very helpful to me in my Bible college days at USA. I will never forget the day when I went to see him at his home at Royepettah before I left for my theologial training as he took time to pray and bless me. Pastor John Vasu was a very gracious ,humble and powerful servant God I ever met in my life.


To God be the glory and may his memory be blessed!.


By God's servant ,


Pastor Manuel Fernando, Christ for India, USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment